Bringing Home Your Work Never Tasted So Good!
Herr Foods Inc.is the largest privately owned salty snack food manufacturer and distributor in the country, we are based in Nottingham, PA and we think our 1600+ employees are pretty spectacular! We have been committed for the last 75 years to making our Herr s family business an enjoyable place to work!
ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $250.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
We are currently seeking a qualified individual for the Part Time Merchandiser position, joining our Hatfield, PA team.
- Salary Range: Hourly wage is $15.00
- Schedule: 20-25 hours a week. Flexibility is available! Required to work weekdays and weekends!
- Benefits: This position is part-time benefit eligible. Elective benefits include basic dental and vision coverage, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, hospital indemnity, a prepaid legal plan, and identity theft protection. The company also provides opportunities to contribute to a 401k and provides EAP services. Benefits start the first of the month following 30 days of service (unless otherwise noted in the plan description)
This position supports DSD route sales employees and branch staffing needs by performing responsibilities to support merchandising, inventory management, route service, racking placement and resets.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Rotating, labeling, and stocking product onto shelves and promotional displays.
- Replenish stock as needed.
Scan Based Trading
- Conduct inventory checks in franchise accounts that use scan based trading as their receiving and point-of-sale business method.
- Use hand-held computer to count and input inventory of Herr s branded products. Update Zone and Branch Manager with any questions or concerns that evolved during visit.
Other Duties & Responsibilities May Include:
- Sell, deliver, stock and merchandise product to grocery retail and independent chain stores. Manage daily accuracy of product inventory.
- Execute company sponsored promotional programs by acquiring temporary and incremental product displays, shelving, and permanent merchandising fixtures.
- Perform snack resets inside retail, independent chains, and grocery stores.
- May recommend improved merchandising opportunities to increase sale growth.
- Assembles, modifies and customizes merchandising racks, specific to franchise and non-franchise accounts sales needs. Uses creativity as a means to resolve and limit merchandising space challenges that may arise in franchise and non-franchise accounts.
- Conduct space surveys for accurate market share.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, preserve confidentially of all business information and data, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as environmentally friendly as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. Reliable attendance and punctuality are also required. The employee is also expected to perform other related duties, special projects and functions as required from time to time.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Clean driving record.
- Courteous with customer service orientation and demonstrated listening skills.
- Understands and embraces value of safety.
- Professionally and safely operate a personal vehicle.
- Able to understand and speak English. Bi-lingual a plus.
- All Herr Foods Inc. job offers are contingent upon successfully passing a drug test. Herr Foods also has a Random Drug Testing program for all active employees.
Physical requirements and work environment:
- Frequently walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, balancing and lifting and reaching using fine manipulation
- Regularly lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to outside weather elements.
Herr Foods Inc.is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veterans/Disabilities