Moderator / Qualitative Consultant – Auto & Mobility
The Auto & Mobility team at Escalent is growing from a good research partner, and a trusted advisor, to the absolute recognized experts in the spaces that matter to our clients. There’s been a lot of success from our new products in the past year, and the team exceeded sales goals in a tough 2020-2021 environment. In order to fully capitalize on this momentum, we are seeking to add a Moderator/Qualitative consultant to join our excellent qualitative team.
Who are you?
- You’re a versatile moderator who’s adept at keeping participants engaged throughout long days, and still have the stamina to debrief with clients immediately thereafter.
- You are experienced enough to anticipate the clients’ questions and able to naturally go after insights without relying on a guide or script.
- You’ve had sufficient experience with traditional and emerging qualitative methods to design effective qualitative solutions.
- You stay current with, emerging trends strategies for communicating insights.
- You are able to share top-of-mind take-aways with clients immediately after the last group
- You are at the point where clients specifically request you to moderate their projects.
- You’re looking for an opportunity that will allow you to contribute to business development without being solely responsible for hitting a number.
- You love having responsibility for synthesizing findings, developing a story and presenting results.
- Ideally, you’ve applied your moderating talents in the auto industry for at least 5 years.
- You are an analyst, consultant or journalist w/ deep focus on automotive and mobility space.
- While you may not have formal training as a qualitative researcher, you do have experience conducting structured interviews with sources to gather information.
- While you are not expected to be an expert in automotive technology, you stay current with advances in the industry.
- You are able to synthesizing findings, developing a story and presenting results.
A few other key points…
While we are looking for somebody with a strong individual skills and experience, your ability to connect with our exceptional people and clients is going to be a big deciding factor.
The team you’d work with is based in Michigan and Southern California. While you’re able to work remotely, ideally you live close enough to travel to client locations in the Metro Detroit or Los Angeles/Orange County areas.
If you like what you’ve heard so far, we’d like to hear from you!
Here are the responsibilities & qualifications we’re seeking in case you wish to have more detail.
- Effectively frame clients’ thinking about the business issues they are facing.
- Lead or co-lead the research design process, including project specifications, pricing, creation of screener and discussion guide, research methodology, analysis planning and delivery of insights.
- Develop/co-develop and retain client relationships at multiple levels within clients’ organizations.
- Moderate research effectively across multiple modes and technologies
- Quickly establish rapport with clients and interviewees
- Organize and oversee fast-moving projects with lots of moving parts
- Independently author and deliver storytelling narratives, interactive workshops, video documentaries and more to imbed insight and guidance into clients’ hearts and minds.
- Contribute to thought leadership, point-of-view pieces and our award-winning blog (escalent.co/thinking/blog)
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field (e.g., marketing, market research, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communications, journalism, or other related field). An advanced degree is preferred.
- Must have 5+ years moderating research experience, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Previous experience working on projects involving behavioral science, HMI, or innovation is a plus.
- Must be a quick study and creative problem solver
- Excellent written, visual and oral communications.
- Passionate about understanding people, culture, markets and uncovering how things really work.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours and periodic overtime to accommodate project requirements
- Able to multi-task and manage several projects and clients simultaneously
- NOTE: This position requires heavy travel.
- Customer service oriented
- Intelligent and perceptive
- Strong leadership presence
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.