Central Carolina Hospital
Description – External
The Monitor Technicians’ observe computer screens viewing the ECG waveforms of the patient’s heartbeat as well as the heart rate. The technician will report any changes in the heartbeat (known as an arrhythmia), or heart rate immediately to the nurse caring for the patient. If lethal rhythms are noted they will call and MRT / Code Blue. Duties will also include:
- Monitor technicians sit at a computer station viewing up to 40 patients ECG waveforms
- Listens for alarms to identify abnormal variation in heart rhythm.
- Records in the patient’s medical record, measurements, rate and rhythm.
- The Monitor Technician provides the nurses and physicians with precise analysis of cardiac rhythms through oral communication and written documentation.
- Deliver telemetry strips to the various units for patient record.
- Will report any issues with telemetry equipment to biomedical department and the nursing director
High school diploma is required
Completion of an EKG certificate program is required
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.