- Answers telephone inquiries timely, accurately, professionally, and courteously. Performs member verification on each call to ensure member data is protected. Serves as member advocate on consumer mortgage application and mortgage servicing requests. Maintains required performance standards for quality, communication, promptness, and identifying member needs.
- Takes application information from members over the phone and enters accurate data in consumer mortgage loan origination system for Home Equity, Equity Line of Credit and Mobile Home products. Discusses 1st Mortgage product options and closing costs and schedules appointments or transfers call to Mortgage Loan Consultant to fulfill mortgage application request. May also communicate with members by email and US mail regarding loan requests and related information.
- Explains content of consumer mortgage preliminary disclosures and required documentation, which can include term of loan, rate, APR, closing costs, payment options, credit union paid closing costs, variable rate plans, and documentation requirements. Produces re-disclosure documents as required.
- Provides outstanding member service by following Suncoast service standards.
- May follow up with members on incomplete mortgage applications and other mortgage related requests. May review and analyze tax returns and verifications of income.
- Reviews loan requests and recommends appropriate decisions on consumer mortgage products.
- Notifies members of loan decisions by phone, electronically, and by mail. Prepares and mails approval and denial letters. May also prepare and mail Regulation B letters to advise members of additional information needed to make a decision.
- Reviews actions relating to initial loan requests, requests for release of collateral, re-amortization of payments, release of borrower, partial releases, subordination requests, and other servicing requests.
- Responds to Henry tickets and Mortgage Triage emails from Service Center staff to assist with mortgage applications, product knowledge, and underwriting guidelines. May also take overflow calls from the Mortgage Servicing area.
- May use origination system reports to keep status of assigned files current.
- Cross-sells other Credit Union products and services, when applicable.
- Complies with internal departmental policy and procedure regarding productivity and response time.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current underwriting guidelines.
- Attends job-specific training classes as requested by manager. Completes annual BSA/AML compliance training and understands employee’s role in maintaining an effective BSA/AML compliance program, and completes FACT Act Red Flag training.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4 or more years progressively responsible experience in lending with a financial institution.
- Able to prioritize tasks, deal effectively with competing and changing priorities, and meet deadlines. Accurate, detail-oriented, and organized. Able to resolve routine problems and situations.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies, and procedures pertinent to the job.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance necessary to successfully perform job responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union computer systems and software applications required to perform job duties.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally and effectively with members, staff, vendors, and government regulators. Able to communicate information that requires some explanation or interpretation.
- Work is closely supervised.
Safe Act Statement