Are you a Network Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you enjoy working with different technologies across multi-vendor systems? LCRA’s Telecommunications group currently has and opportunity for an experienced, dedicated, network professional that will support LCRA’s Trunked radio system. Your role will directly support our core network that provides critical emergency communications services to an array of customers across the LCRA region. Our ideal candidate has network experience with administrating and configuring equipment with vendors like Cisco, Juniper, VMware, Nokia and NETAPP to name a few. Experience with Harris trunked radio systems is plus! If you have these skills and are seeking a new role working with a phenomenal company, with a diverse culture that values its employees this is your opportunity to join our team in Austin Texas! LCRA offers a comprehensive benefits package including; medical, dental, 401k matching up to 8%, sick and vacation leave and more.
You will be trusted to:
* Assist with the design, installation and maintenance of various network devices associated to the trunked radio network.
* Configuration of Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
* Monitoring of core network applications through VMWARE and SolarWinds and Harris Region Network Manager (RNM) tools.
* Administration of Microsoft Active Directory.
* Administration, monitoring and patching of Virtual Machines using VMWARE vSphere.
* Working with vendors as well as supporting field teams during site deployment and equipment upgrades.
* Diligence with maintaining a strong Cyber security posture as related to standard methodologies as well as identifying areas where security can be improved.
* Administration of McAfee ENS and IBM big Fix servers for patch management on radio system application servers and consoles.
You qualify with:
– Nine or more years of experience in designing and/or operating networks.
– A degree(s) in information technology, computer scienceor relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
You are a great fit with:
Valid Cisco CCNA or equivalent technical certification.
Solid understanding of TCP/IP and network routing protocols.
Experience in a network role supporting LAN/WAN networks.
Proficiency with the configuration of Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewalls using various IOS.
Proficiency with Troubleshooting and diagnosing problems within a LAN/WAN environment.
Ability to understand sophisticated network configurations.
Proficiency with VMware and virtual machine environments.
General Understanding of McAfee Endpoint security is a plus.
– Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
– Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
– 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
– Life and disability insurance
– Wellness program including wellness incentive
– Extensive learning & development programs
And more – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: 8/13/2021 Central Daylight Time
[Link available when viewing the job] [Link available when viewing the job] [Link available when viewing the job]