Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
The Braselton Emergency Department (ED) has 21 treatment rooms with the ability to expand treatment space (hallway beds) in case of patient surge.
The department fulfills the following responsibilities:
- Assessing patients’ healthcare needs, stabilizing as is possible, and evaluating those patients with life threatening conditions, providing services immediately indicated.
- Establishing and maintaining necessary training programs to provide emergency department and community personnel with the basic skills to intervene in life threatening situations
- Communicating the availability of follow-up care as provided by the hospital or other community health care services.
A unit based Practitioner with accountability for specialty and unit education. The Nurse Educator coordinates, elevates and resolves problems and conflicts as they occur. He/She provides continuing education both formally and informally and is accountable for Clinical Staff development.
A degree in Nursing (either BSN or MSN). Preferred: A Master’s Degree (Nursing or other if possessing a BSN) within five years.
Three years of direct care RN nursing experience with a minimum of one year is an acute care facility. Preferred: Previous staff development and education experience. Relevant clinical experience for specific unit.
National certification in either a clinical or education specialty within two years of hire.
Professional organization membership within one month of hire into the role
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required competency is reviewed annually and is documented on the Required Competency Document.
1. Good interpersonal skills
2. Good verbal and written communication skills
3. Knowledge of audiovisual equipment and Computers
4. Effective organization skills
5. Good clinical knowledge and skills as demonstrated by competency assessment
6. Ability to teach and give verbal and written instruction in a comprehensive manner
7. Maintains required certifications specific to unit providing education
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) offers a comprehensive benefits program, which provides flexibility for employees’ diverse and changing needs. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and 401K with match.
NGHS also offers tuition reimbursement for employees who are interested in advancing or continuing their education. We reimburse up to $5,500 per degree program, which is pro-rated for part-time employees.
At NGHS, health and well-being have always been cornerstones for our patients as well as our employees. That’s why we offer valuable resources and programs to encourage and support a healthy lifestyle.
What does this mean for you? With NGHS’ health and welfare benefits, you and your family have the opportunity to:
• Stay healthy with comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
• Enjoy tax savings with flexible spending accounts and health savings account
• Experience the security and peace of mind with Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance coverage
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.