We Believe In The Power of People Providing Great Care
Pottstown Hospital is an acute care hospital offering an extensive range of services, including inpatient and outpatient, medical, surgical, diagnostic, and emergency care, as well as primary care, family practice, and pediatric offices. With 260 physicians representing 40 medical specialties, we serve the healthcare needs of residents in Pottstown and surrounding areas.
We’re 1,150 healthcare professionals strong, and our team of physicians, nurses, staff, and volunteers is focused on exceeding expectations while delivering compassionate, safe, quality care. Our accolades include: Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee replacement; Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and AHA Stroke Association Gold Plus Distinction for our Primary Stroke Center; and four-time commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons for our Regional Cancer Center.
Take a tour of Pottstown Hospital!
The Graduate Nurse develops, implements and evaluates the nursing plan of patient care and implements the medical plan of care in collaboration with all disciplines.
Nurse Residency Program
The transition of student nurse into a practicing professional nurse is challenging and it often takes one year for the graduate nurse to master. The purpose of the Nurse Residency Program (NRP) is to ease this transition of the graduate nurse and to close the gap between student status and professional practice. In the program you will:
- Participate in a year-long program broken down into 12 monthly educational seminars
- Engage with pees in interactive group exercises
- Complete a final evidence-based group project that focuses on improving patient care
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Relevant Experience
Certification and Licensure
- PA Registered Nurse Temporary Practice Permit or Registered Nurse License
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills