The On Call Scheduler is primarily responsible for management of the recruitment, hiring, staffing and scheduling of caregivers that meet the patient’s needs. Responsible for collaborating with the clinical team, operations and executive leadership in performance management of the field staff.
**This is a remote opportunity. Candidates will be on a “work from home” basis, and coordinating with their respective teams remotely.**
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a current awareness of the abilities and limitations of each field/external staff member.
- Demonstrates good managerial judgment in assigning duties appropriate to each individual.
- Consistently counsel field/external staff members to provide exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and adherence to company policies and procedures; holds staff accountable for carrying out all policies and procedures as outlined in the manuals.
- Maintains an active involvement in issues of cost containment; effectively utilizes nurses when assigning cases.
- Demonstrates an ability to identify and solve problems; uses initiative and good judgment to reach quality decisions.
- Demonstrates an active and positive role in evaluating staff performance
- Maintains an excellent rapport with patients and caregivers and effectively promotes harmonious interpersonal relationships.
- Provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating, continually monitoring and thoroughly evaluating the services given to patients associated with Aveanna.
- Assist in provision of orientation and training for new staff members.
- Coordinates staffing needs according to branch location guidelines
- Manage and maintain staffing schedule according to branch location guidelines
- Coordinate orientation and training scheduling
- Coordinate work schedules by allocating employees in shifts and positions
- Coordinate shift back-fill activities in the event of caregiver tardiness or absences
- Be primary point of contact with patient family regarding staffing schedules
- Participate in IOP Plan as appropriate.
- Participates in location recruiting activities including identifying, scheduling, and interviewing potential candidates.
- High school diploma or GED
- Six (6) months previous agency staffing or recruiting experience
- Must be able to work after hours on-call schedule
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Proficient typing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One (1) year previous office work experience a plus
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Quick-thinking and astute decision making skills
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
- Prolonged sitting, walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
- Ability to climb stairs
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Performs duties in an office environment with occasional field visits during agency operating hours
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice for Job Applicants Residing in California