- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Education, including Early Childhood Education (ECE) units, or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of experience working in early education centers or school offices
- 3 years of experience in early childhood education with childcare organizational, policy, and operations work
- Experience working with California Child Care Licensing Regulations
- Experience in education policy/regulations
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
About the job
The Benefits Child Care team is a pioneer in the world of childhood development. As a member of this team, you’ll strive to instill the same love of learning and creativity in the minds of Googlers’ children as can be found among the Googlers we hire. In the unique educational environment of Google’s children’s centers, you’ll work with both your team and Google parents to continually develop and improve our Employee Child Development program to meet the physical, cognitive, social and emotional needs of children ages 3 months through 5 years. You’re passionate about each child’s personal growth and open to new and innovative methods of teaching, and are familiar with family-focused education that integrates play-based philosophies into the curriculum.
In this role, you will support site directors and collaborate with our management team, including the Google Children’s Center (GCC) Director, the Operations team, our Inclusion Manager, educators, and families to ensure that business tasks are completed correctly and efficiently. You’ll communicate effectively with staff and parents about policies and procedures and will often be the first person that visitors and parents meet. You will ensure that files are up-to-date and that all licensing regulations are being followed. You’ll understand the operations of the program and make others feel welcome. You will enable fair and equitable customer service and systems development.
The value Google places on our employees knows no bounds. We revolutionized search, and now we’re redefining human resources to make sure we have the healthiest, happiest and most productive employees in the world. We believe it’s important to provide benefits to our employees’ children as well.
We’ve developed our Employee Child Development program by building high-quality children’s centers located near our corporate headquarters. These family-focused centers integrate play-based philosophies into the curriculum. This program includes small group size and staff continuity, and is designed to meet the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional needs of children ages 3 months through 5 years.
- Act as a receptionist and greet visitors to the centers. Be as a liaison between the school and other partner teams, including Security, Real Estate and Workplace Services, Facilities, Environment, Health, and Safety, Culinary, Janitorial, and more.
- Manage administrative duties, including submitting invoices, tracking center enrollment documents, and organizing the ordering of supplies and equipment for classes. Create a system for distributing supplies to teachers.
- Ensure systems are working effectively, troubleshooting issues with educators and parents.
- Maintain files, ensuring we have all necessary paperwork by licensing for children and the staff.
- Track absences and develop schedules for coverage when teachers are absent. Maintain the budget form related to educator expenses.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.