Our mission is to improve the quality of life of those we serve by creating amazing, healthy smiles in a fun and professional environment. We hold the highest standards for our quality of work and the effort we give to each of our patients. Orthodontic experience is preferred and at least two years of dental experience is required. Must have excellent communication skills with a professional demeanor and a kind, friendly, and patient personality with great organization skills and a drive to excel. Must be able to communicate effectively with both children and adults. About one third of our patients are adults; the rest are children. Mom's are our most common visitors and are typically the decision-makers for new patients visiting our practice.
In this position you will work with our new patient process. Your primary role will be communication with patients, from scheduling the initial exam through presentation of treatment fees and then coordinating a smooth, positive experience during their time as guests in our office. We see patients 4 days/week with 1 administrative day. You generally will work 2 administrative days/month.
Following an office tour and obtaining images, x-rays, and a dental scan, you will present information regarding insurance coverage, and review the treatment recommended by the doctor. You will discuss the payment options that are offered, then formalize the patient contracts, and schedule future treatment visits. This is an amazing opportunity for a friendly, outgoing, mature, reliable, experienced treatment coordinator who is comfortable with sales.
You will also follow up on and maintain records of patients who are not yet ready to start treatment, but need to be seen periodically to monitor their growth and development. You will assist in answering phones, scheduling patients, and submitting insurance with our other front office team members. You will be expected to participate in periodic off-site marketing events approximately 6-8 times/year. All employees are expected to help out wherever needed and bring a "team" mentality to work. You will also participate in marketing to dental offices who refer patients to our office and forging new relationships with dental offices in the community.
Office culture is very important to us - honesty, hard work ethic, and positive personality. We are looking for very friendly, energetic applicants who care about doing their best work each day, don't have to be micromanaged to stay on task, love the patients we serve, are loyal to our office, and pay attention to the little things to join our growing practice. We work together as a team and want someone who will build on our positive office culture.
Key Tasks (not all-inclusive)
1. Greeting patients enthusiastically, answering telephones, scheduling, and confirming appointments.
2. Entering patient information into the office system
3. Insurance verification
4. Collect and post payments including credit card transactions
5. Electronically submitting/preparing insurance claims - - following up with insurance companies to make sure claims are paid as promised
6. Help manage office social media and internal marketing operations
7. Processing diagnostic records - loading digital photographs and x-rays into our software system
1. Ability to communicate effectively in a professional and courteous manner while multitasking
2. Willing to effectively participate as a team member with the office personnel
3. Committed to the protection of confidential information, records and/or reports
4. Good organizational skills
5. Must be a people person with a great attitude and attention to detail and love to smile
6. Must be able to manage the "after-school rush" effectively
Hourly wage is based on experience. Benefits include paid vacation, 401 K and profit sharing, uniform, free treatment for yourself and immediate family living in the same home as you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Orthodontic: 1 year (Preferred)
- X-ray Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations