Company & Mission:
Headquartered in Durango, CO, AGILE Space Industries designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
Agile Space and its strategy firm Strong Force Design are targeting category leadership in intellectual property for the design and development of in-space propulsion systems. The Agile Space draftsperson will engage with inventors, craft drawings, and coordinate with external teams responsible for the development and execution of the company’s patent strategy. The candidate must be able to work exceedingly well as a self-starter and as a team member. The candidate should possess an investigative spirit with great attention to detail and be creative and flexible to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to meeting organization goals.
- Conceptualize, design, and draw functional and design patent figures based on the technical details provided
- Identify action items from daily correspondence from key stakeholders including internal team members, clients, and outside counsel firms
- Timely and efficiently communicate with team members multiple times a week using email, project management and various collaboration tools
- Associates Degree or Certificate with equivalent experience
- 3+ years of design, including CAD and strong experience with rules for the creation of drawings for U.S. utility, U.S. design, and other international patent applications
- Strong written communication skills using online multi-campus collaboration tools
- Familiarity with Export Control regulations and confidentiality demanded by the industry
- Ability to learn quickly and work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and sometimes tight deadlines
- Candidate must be a US Citizen of permanent resident
- Experience in space propulsion designs, in-space propellants, and/or advanced additive manufacturing methods is preferred
- Multi-disciplinary technology experience, preferably including mechanical engineering, additive manufacturing, electrical engineering, chemistry (combustion), and computer science
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Durango, CO
Remote: Negotiable on a case by case basis
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$100,000
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.