You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Patient Access / Registration Lead.
You’re equally comfortable with your interpersonal, technical, analytical and leadership skills.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
System Services is our Corporate Headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado and is located within the Oracle campus. SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the well-being of the people we serve.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Patient Access / Registration Lead you need to know how to:
- Register/pre-register patients. Confirm, enter, and/or update all required demographic data on patient and guarantor on registration system. Avoid overlays and duplicate patient medical records. Verify insurance to determine coordination of benefits and obtain authorization and/or referrals as required. Screen for and process non-covered services and waiver of liability (ABN) through automated screening at time of service. Complete the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) questionnaire when applicable.
- Identify copay and deductibles. Communicate patient financial responsibility to patient prior to date of service. Collect patient responsibility prior to service, including copies of insurance card(s), forms of ID, and signature(s) on all required forms. Verify information on appropriate accounts to determine insurance coordination of benefits, pre-certification/prior-authorization if not verified by PASC. Complete the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) questionnaire when applicable. Verify insurance to determine coordination of benefits and obtain authorization and/or referrals as required. Screen for and process non-covered services and waiver of liability (ABN) through automated screening at time of service.
- Inform self-pay patients of liability due, prepayment requirements and coordinate screening of alternate funding sources if applicable. Refer potentially eligible patients to financial counseling and/or contract eligibility vendor(s).
- Collect patient payments and provide accurate receipt. Post all payments in system. Reconcile receipts with cash collected and complete required balancing forms. Document patient account notes for all interactions/transactions.
- Maintain departmental and/or individual work queues and reports as required. Explain/answer patient billing inquiries and interpret statement data to resolve accounts. Manage problem solving more complicated patient questions and issues. Manage escalated account issues from team. Review input and audits quality to assure accuracy in all aspects of the position, particularly patient type, financial class and insurance codes.
- Meet departmental productivity and quality standards.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the department. Assist with the follow up on appeals, denials, answer inquiries and update accounts as necessary. Identify problems and communicate with the Revenue Service Center, Care Management team, Payer Relations and insurance companies in a timely manner.
- Manage expected floor time with Supervisor. Participate in peer interview process as requested. Provide on-the-job training and provide feedback and peer coaching to associates after their initial training. Perform quality assurance reviews, document findings, and provide information to leadership. Assist in the preparation of periodic reports. Present at staff in-service as requested.
- Promote mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abide by service behavior standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent , required
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience within a SCL Health Patient Access department or Revenue Service Center department, required
- Previous experience specific to revenue cycle operations as it pertains to patient financial services, preferred
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA)® through the National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM)® or any other accredited association approved by the Manager, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Patient Access / Registration Lead on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.