This position is responsible for engaging with and providing support to residents of the facility. This includes developing relationships and building rapport and trust with the residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages supportive living facility including orienting new residents to the house and program; enforcing rules of the program, including curfew; and managing the purchasing of food and other household items for the house.
- Regularly engages with residents, helping residents through challenges and providing support and guidance to residents. Acts as a role-model, coach and mentor and builds a sense of community within the program.
- Conduct a weekly house meeting with all residents at a regularly scheduled time once per week
- Provide a daily report to the case manager as to the status of the residents
- Document any unusual incidents occurring
- All other related duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED, Certified Peer Support Specialist required.
Prior experience working with the homeless and/or the AOD/Mental Health population preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills, with ability to actively listen, demonstrate understanding and empathy
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Comfortable working in one-on-one situations as well as in groups
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of case manager and strong documentation skills
- Flexibility in managing schedule including weekends and evening hours.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license, access to reliable insured transportation and ability to meet LSS insurance standards required