The Personal Banking Officerprovides personalized support in all phases of customer service, client relationship building, and account maintenance to a Branch Manager or Relationship Manager. Responsible for acquiring, managing and growing relationships; executing sales activities for new and existing customers. Will perform a wide range of services with customer transactions, including document preparation, account servicing/maintenance, loans, credit analysis, overdrafts, return item processing, customer service inquiries and other general administrative support. Profile all customers to ensure KYCs are updated and completed in a timely manner; in order to comply with established BSA/AML requirements. Provide excellent customer service to new and existing customers in person and by phone. Will also assist the Operation Officer with operational matters as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance or Accounting preferred) with two (2) to three (3) years of banking experience, directly related to servicing customers in retail banking branch operations, or
- Two Year College Degree with a minimum of four (5) years of banking experience required, directly related to servicing customers in retail banking branch operations; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to understand and implement job related policies and procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of internal bank operations (wire transfers, debits/credits and loan payments) and of banking products to cross-sell.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Computer knowledgeable in MS Office Software, (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Experience working in a team (sales and service), and high quality service advocacy.
- Knowledge on the completion of KYC is required.
- Comprehension of banking laws and applicable compliance regulations is required.
- Insurance training, underwriting, BSA Compliance, Ethics, Legal Aspects of Banking (involving real estate closings and loans on default) is preferred.