Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado, Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which is at the center of the company’s “banking for good” mantra. FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for growth. There’s an opportunity for everyone with positions all across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
A Personal Banking Representative assists customers by answering inquiries/requests, processing transactions, opening new accounts, and informing on products and services. A Personal Banking Representative is responsible for cross-selling the Bank’s products and balancing a cash drawer. The Representative will develop and maintain account relationships by providing solutions and resolving customer problems through quality customer service and product knowledge.
What you will do
- Assist customers with a wide range of inquiries and requests.
- Process deposits/withdrawals and redeem/negotiate cash instruments for consumer and commercial customers while maintaining a balanced cash drawer.
- Open new accounts and provide product/service information.
- Accept wire order agreements, stop payment requests, and dispute forms and send to appropriate departments for processing.
- Process transactions accurately and adhere to all compliance requirements.
- Review daily reports and perform maintenance on accounts.
- Recognize and develop opportunities for cross-selling FirstBank products and services.
- Sell bank products and meet company sales goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of new account systems and account documentation requirements and disclosures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the market or region.
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.
- Hours may vary from 35-40/week.
- Entry-level job with little or no prior relevant work experience in the function
- Cash handling and customer-service experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good customer-service skills and the ability to work well with others
- Basic mathematic and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in a sales environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and change directions quickly
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
$20.00 Per Hour
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees’ professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include: Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership, United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D
This Job may be eligible for the:
- Teller Balancing Incentive Plan
- New Accounts Cross-Sell Queue Incentive Plan
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. FirstBank does not permit pay inequities. Anyone who believes they have been subject to pay inequity should immediately report their concerns to the Human Resource Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)