Position TypeFull time - Regular
Type of Hire
Education DesiredGeneral Equivalency Diploma, High School Diploma
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
- Provides desk-side assistance in resolving technology support issues.
- Performs installations, repairs, upgrades, backups and other maintenance tasks.
- Provides effective customer service in a 24X7X365 production environment (rotating on-call and holiday support may be required.
- Utilizes soft skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve client issues and questions.
- Asks probing questions to gather relevant information on routine and complex calls.
- Uses effective listening skills to develop understanding of client questions or issues.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Documents, tracks and monitors client incidents in ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution.
- Prioritizes and escalates support incidents and requests based on business impact and documented guidelines.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Recommends solutions including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- May have expertise in commonly used business applications.
- May handle phone and email assistance as well.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- At least 2 years in the University taking up Computer Science or IT-related course
- Ability to verbalize or express complex technical concepts effectively in writing and overall excellent communication and customer interface skills
- Skill in troubleshooting and using diagnostic tools for client accessibility problems to applications and network ( e.g., resetting password, bouncing PU, resetting remote devices
- Knowledge of basic problem resolution and escalation practices
- Ability to provide appropriate level of support and guidance with FIS applications and procedures
- Effective use of listening skills to develop an understanding of client inquiries and problems
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated to learn new technology and new ways to deliver support
- Shows enthusiasm when providing technical support
- Stays up-to-date with latest technology
- Problem Solving and critical thinking skills
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Entry level role. Basic help desk skills with moderate level of proficiency. Works under close supervision while learning different aspects of level one support. Recognizes importance of customer satisfaction and works towards achieving high levels of customer satisfaction daily. Demonstrates effective customer service through use of soft skills and troubleshooting skills when dealing with external clients and vendors. Can handle a high volume of calls and is able to resolve a majority of client issues by asking probing questions to define issues. Resolves client issues efficiently and effectively by having a good understanding of different systems, applications and support procedures. Collaborates with team supervisor and peers to resolve more complex and critical issues. With guidance and coaching, can identify and escalate complex issues to level two support areas. With supervision and mentoring, is able to learn and identify root cause of more complex issues and identify troubleshooting steps for future client inquires. Typically requires one year professional work experience and post high school education.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.