Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become Planning Administrative Support at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you’ll working within the Planning Department and interface with local authorities to ensure accurate meter and billing information along with updating compliance reports. As a Planning Administrative Support, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Meter Service Requests (MSR) management including, posting and documenting inspections, customer applications
- Pre-set meter management and MSR exception management
- Meter/MSR related reporting (SLA, Public Authority)
- Analyze incoming work and assign to planners.
- Gathers documents and researches data on assigned topics, using databases, files, spreadsheets, or other sources as needed.
- Deals regularly with information and issues having a minor to moderate department and/or corporate impact.
- Answer phones, schedule planner and crew visits with customers, provide assistance and information for internal and external clients, take messages when necessary.
- Research and resolve issues related to permanent and temporary meter installations and removals.
- Maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of experience performing advanced administrative, secretarial, and clerical functions.
- Two or more years of experience with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of the Meter Process within Design Manager, CSRP, Land Vision and Geo Maps.
- General knowledge of scheduling, meter orders, basic design processes and workflows.
- Familiar with Public Authority, SLA Monthly Report and other job-related reports.
- Prioritize, plan, organize and coordinate heavy workloads while maintaining high levels of accuracy and attention to detail and meeting assigned deadlines.
- Analyze information to draw conclusions, make sound decisions and modify and/or recommend new processes to improve outcome.
- Take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information and for achieving results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Occasional lifting of typically less than 40lbs.
You should know
- Work Mode: Effective January 2022, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our [Link available when viewing the job] to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference test (EEI BCAB #5206). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at [Phone number shown when applying].