The Premium Auditor I performs audits of low to moderate complexity ensuring the accuracy of earned premium risk calculations. Investigates and verifies the premium base exposures according to policy contract terms, manual rules, company filings, and procedures. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust’s mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust organization.
- Develops knowledge and skill in auditing technical reviews of physical, virtual and voluntary audits under moderate supervision. Examines / audits records to ensure that calculations of earned premium for risks are accurate.
- Identifies, researches, and corrects policy-rating issues discovered during the audit process. Works to resolve audit discrepancies and disputes.
- Validates that the correct classes are applied and are in accordance with governing regulatory agencies and/or independent state bureaus and company procedures by reviewing financial records and other relevant materials.
- Reviews results of audits with producers, underwriters, insured’s, and Premium Audit leadership.
- May perform telephone and/or virtual audits.
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers throughout the life cycle of the premium audit function.
- Keeps current with manual rules, market trends and demands.
- May be required to work overtime as assigned.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- 4 years’ work experience OR four-year college degree gaining the above listed Skills Required
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpretive skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- 1 year of related premium audit or equivalent experience
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.