THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio culture. The company has won multiple Emmy and VES awards for its work. Clients include Disney, Marvel, Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Universal, and more.
The TTF Previs Shot Creator – Training Program is a 4-week curriculum designed to give you the hands-on training needed to succeed as a Previs artist and, upon stellar completion of the program, will be offered a contract to join our artist pool as a Shot Creator. You will have the opportunity to receive guidance and mentorship from industry professionals and be given the cinematic foundational blocks needed to flourish in the Visualization industry.
THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN TO ANIMATORS OF ALL LEVELS. We welcome applications from established animators in other areas interested in pivoting to previs/ visualization, as well as recent graduates with strong animation reels.
- Session 1: January 11, 2022 – February 4, 2022
- 40 hour week, 9:30 am – 6:30 pm PST
- No partial participation; applicants must be available 5 days a week for the full 4 weeks.
- This is a PAID training program and upon stellar completion of the program you will be given priority to join our artist pool as a Shot Creator.
The Ideal candidate will be able to:
- Create sequences of shots from storyboards and/or script pages to enhance story.
- Possess a strong sense of composition, color, and animation timing.
- Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
- Create realistic and compelling character animation following the 12 principles of animation.
- Animate characters, creatures, props, and vehicles.
- Understand cinematic language, camera terminology and have the ability to use motion blur, depth of field and other effects, to create realism.
- Clean up and accentuate mocap animation.
- Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed.
- Understand shot continuity of sequence to help guide shot creation.
- Work well on a team and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
- Adapt quickly and accept change – often have to toss out ideas and start fresh.
- Create scene lighting that complements the shot and matches the sequence.
- Tweak and alter basic models and textures to complement shots.
- Have a strong desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- To qualify for the Training Program, you must be available to join the TTF workforce upon completion of the program. (Graduates only please)
- To be eligible, applicants must demonstrate the ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe After Effects (a plus)
- Unreal (a plus)
You will need to submit the following:
- Demo Reel and breakdown
- Cover letter, stating why you are interested in our program and why you would be a great candidate!
- Applications are open now and will be reviewed as they are received.
- Successful candidates for the January 10 cohort will be notified by Friday December 17, 2021
- This is a remote, work from home program and hours are PST.
Upon successful completion, this will lead to a remote or potentially on-site position in Los Angeles or Atlanta.
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.