Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Principal Manufacturing Technician – St. Paul, MN
This is a weekend shift position (Friday – Sunday)
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Principal Manufacturing Technician. Working under limited supervision, the Sr. Technician lays out builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies assemblies, components, and parts of developmental and production product items. Technician in this role ensures that the production equipment is properly maintained and continuously operating in the Amplatzer area.
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequence and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance
- Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision
- Must be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems, and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics
- Perform routine/preventative maintenance on applicable equipment to maximize efficiency, minimize accidents to enhance longer life of equipment and tools
- Identify, analyze, and implement manufacturing improvements (e.g., processes, yields, and productivity) – Test/troubleshoot manufacturing processes and equipment
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Understanding of and ability to utilize electronic data collection systems and computer software packages
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with engineers and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of product units.
- Recommends changes in components or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Interprets test data, analyzes product performance, develops summaries, and assists in the initiation of yield improvements.
- Assists engineers in the troubleshooting or failed product and production lines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or equivalent, and trade school certification, specialized training/apprenticeship and/or equivalent in Electronics, Engineering Technology, or specialized training which provides a theoretical understanding of electronic or electro-mechanical disciplines or equivalent.
- Typically, 5-8 or more years of progressively more responsible related work experience required to achieve the level of competency and depth of understanding necessary to perform at this level, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Incumbents are required to work cooperatively and productively with others.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision is required.
- Must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner while meeting assigned deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit, and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Link available when viewing the job]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Link available when viewing the job], on Facebook at [Link available when viewing the job] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.