PROCESSING SPECIALIST I
Join a growing team focused on empowering individuals to make their own health care choices and live independent lives. Palco employs over 100 people from 22 states and partners with governments and state agencies to provide various self-directed services to diverse populations. We remain committed to our fundamental mission to provide the best financial and support services to aid individuals and their families to thrive at home and in their communities.
The Processing Specialist I ensures accurate processing of biweekly and semi-monthly payroll for assigned entities. This position requires proficient computer skills, and the ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for understanding payroll processing requirements for assigned entities.
- Processing biweekly and semimonthly payroll
- Provides follow-up correspondence via phone or email when data contains errors or omissions.
- Maintains client confidence by safeguarding data and complying with HIPAA.
- Process Adjustments, voids, reissues and ACH uploads
- Process off-cycle payroll
- Coordinate printing, packaging and distribution of checks/advice slips.
- Extract and import data from multiple programs.
- Process garnishments, tax levies, court orders, etc.
- Research and resolve payroll issues.
- Coordinate payroll audits/reviews to ensure accuracy of pay and identify potential errors.
- Assists with compiling information for special reports and preparing other documents and correspondence.
Education and Essential Traits
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required and two years of relevant experience.
- You should bring with you some knowledge of accounting and payroll.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze information, strong attention to detail, take initiative to follow-up on transactions, and make decisions about information.
- Good research and analysis skills
- Must possess solid email, Internet, and Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong excel skills are essential for the position.
- Exceptional mathematical and calculation skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Multitasking abilities.
- Must be willing to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Employer shared Health Insurance cost
- Employer paid Disability Insurance
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Simple IRA with Matching
- Bonus potential
- Remote work environment
- Paid holidays
Palco, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis.