Do you enjoy working on projects as a Procurement Specialist? We are seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our team. This is a full-time position with benefits and can be based in our Ferndale, WA location, in another company office location or remotely in the US supporting work based in the Mountain and Pacific time zones. As a member of our team you will work in a schedule-driven, collaborative environment working closely with our clients and reporting into the Team Lead.
Compensation Range: $90,000 - $110,000 anticipated annual salary
Move Forward with Eichleay
We are seeking a Procurement Specialist who thrives in a schedule driven environment where timing is a critical function. As a Procurement Specialist at Eichleay, you must be able to manage budgets and avoid delay costs. You must also possess a high degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality.
Additional Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Responsible for all procurement and purchasing activities on assigned projects.
- Responsible for inquiry preparation, purchasing, expediting, commercial bid analysis, and invoice auditing for manufactured equipment and bulk materials.
- Prepares standard purchasing forms, including bid requests, material requisitions, purchase orders, change orders, logs, reports, and trending.
- Responsible for support and guidance to engineering personnel, Project Managers, and Construction Managers on formation, implementation, and administration of purchasing contracts and procedures.
- Responsible for the movement of materials and equipment from suppliers facilities to jobsite, and/or interface with client LLP or 3PL and provide status reports on progress.
- Responsible to conduct logistics studies, risk assessments, monitoring export/import compliance, negotiating rates, establishing contracts.
- Ensures that all procurement procedures are followed and executed in a professional manner.
- Responsible for assisting and advising Project Managers with ongoing administration of our contracts with Clients and for ensuring adherence to established procurement procedures and requirements.
- Will meet with vendors to seeking new sources of supply and will conduct such meeting is in professional and ethical manner.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, technical or legal curricula, or at least six years industrial experience procuring specialized process equipment on multidiscipline projects; or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents (including, but not limited to, specifications and drawings) is required.
- Must be competent with Microsoft Suite as well as Project Management Systems, and in particular the Purchasing modules contained within those systems.
- Heavy industrial experience, including refinery, mining, food and beverage, biotech, and/or power industry is mandatory.
- Ability to interact with engineers, designers, clients, vendors and technical resources.
- Ability to negotiate and interpret contracts and to handle vendor conflicts as they occur.
- Receives direction on unconventional and/or complex problems, and possible solutions.
- Receives thorough review of completed work for application of sound professional judgment.
- Ability to manage and execute transportation of project cargo from supplier facility to project location, and/or interface with client LLP / 3PL providers.
- Ability to set up and run procurement projects with supervision.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be badged for process safety management governed facilities, which require in depth drug screening.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload dictates. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- May be assigned to work at a Client’s office, facility or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing work outside Eichleay’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Eichleay and/or Client as required.
For over 140 years, Eichleay companies have developed a wide range of project delivery expertise. This legacy continues today with Eichleay, Inc. which specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities.
Join a dynamic organization with insight fueled by experience, solutions powered by practicality, relationships built by listening and trust earned through results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.