iFixit is growing and we’re looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our team as a Data Specialist.
Our team members are at the core of a global community dedicated to showing people how to fix the things they own. We believe that we can make the world better by empowering people to repair. iFixit is the world’s foremost expert on Apple repair, and we’ve set the gold-standard for online repair documentation. Through iFixit.com, our team has helped hundreds of millions of people fix their own devices, and we plan to help millions more. In addition to teaching people how to repair, we also ship replacement parts and repair tools to customers all over the world.
As Data Specialist you’ll be responsible for collecting, updating, and maintaining various pieces of data related to the products iFixit sells. This will include things like part numbers, device/model numbers, prices and competitor information. Data accuracy is a must so you’ll be tasked with developing a good system for ensuring good data integrity with the various projects you’ll be working on. It will be a mix of ongoing, routine responsibilities and specific project-based work so good self-direction and prioritization is important. An example project would be compiling part compatibility information (part numbers and computer model numbers/names) by looking through service manuals and putting that into iFixit’s database.
This position is located at our San Luis Obispo headquarters. We are looking to fill a position effective immediately, working 40 hours per week. Scheduling is between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
No experience is required. You must be very good with spreadsheets and figuring out how to efficiently work through collecting and organizing large amounts of data from a variety of different sources and formats.
iFixit is an awesome place to work. Here are some of our perks:
- A repairable laptop, and any software you need.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance.
- 401k plan with 4% employer match.
- Profit sharing after a year of employment.
- Flexible vacation time + paid holidays.
- Dependent Care FSA.
- Generous stipends towards repair & wellness.
- $400 towards a bike or alternative method of transportation.
- A sweet pair of headphones to get your head in the game.
- Employee discounts on parts and tools.
- Charitable contribution matching! We’ll 100% match your tax deductible donation.
When you go to a website like iFixit and scroll through the guides, it’s easy to forget that there are tons of real people keeping all those bits and bytes running smoothly. But there are literally dozens of us. We’re an incredibly diverse team, split between two continents—but we’re united by a love of tinkering and repair.
iFixit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Because we are trying to teach everyone to fix every thing, we need a team as diverse as our online community. We believe that it takes people of all backgrounds to help us fix the world. Therefore, iFixit does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any of the other important characteristics that make us unique and valuable.
iFixit is committed to creating a diverse team—not only in who we hire—but through creating a supportive environment for all of our team members based on mutual respect and inclusivity.
At iFixit, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If the position requires you to work in the office, you will be expected to follow all CA mask rules and mandates.
- Take a look at our website, ifixit.com, and familiarize yourself with our mission.
- Include a separate cover letter as a PDF telling us why you want this job. We’re especially interested in why your skills, qualities, and experience make you a good fit for our team. Both a resumé and a cover letter are required for this position.
- Check out our Jobs Page for other opportunities and to learn more about working at iFixit.
Job Type: Full-time