Product Development Associate
Ace Beauté is a fast growing eCommerce brand in the beauty space. We specialize in color cosmetics, eyelashes, lip products and a variety of other powders products. We are passionate about innovation, have a passion for community and creating unique products that make a difference in the user’s life. Learn more about us here: Ace Beaute
The Product Developer with manager level experience is responsible for supporting the team with all phases of new product development and the product formulation process from concept to consumer. The ideal candidate will work hand in hand and maintain contact and working relationships with all persons within the creative department.
The ideal candidate has experience across beauty, skincare, and cosmetics.
Essential Task, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working directly with the creative team to develop 1 to 2 year innovation strategy, in collaboration and consultation with the other departments.
- Create and distribute comprehensive Product Development Briefs which include: launch concept, formula direction, shade direction, packaging direction and target costs
- Initiate, track and execute all stages of product development from new product initiation to completion of production for all new product launches and reformulations
- Manage relationships with suppliers to ensure timeline management and ownership of all critical dates, including regular communication and relationship management with labs
- Responsible for executing all formula approvals for aesthetics and desired attributes on time and within COGs
- Maintain upkeep of product library, standards, and lab submissions
- Work proactively with Packaging Engineer to drive technical packaging needs
- Coordinate samples for photography, etc. and evaluate/organize 1st Production of Finished goods
- Develop rationales to support all products introduced for development.
- Track and review all product artwork
- Communicate with internatinal office regarding assigned product development projects
- Conduct market research, track key trends and the competitive environment and participate in brainstorming meetings for new product concepts
- Ability to travel domestically and abroad for product development purposes if needed
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by management
- Partner with all other departments, especially marketing, to ensure coordinated, smooth product launches.
- Liase with marketing department and graphic designer on providing education materials on products.
- Partner with marketing to help assist with copy and naming direction.
- Partner with Creative team to help develop appropriate timelines for all products.
- Continually monitor our industry and others for trend direction, new ingredients or partner possibilities.
- Attend industry events, trade shows and supplier meetings to stay abreast of current trends and technologies.
Skills, Experience and Education Required
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field of study.
- 2+ years of cosmetics product development experience required
- Passionate about beauty and fashion, creative and willing to take risks to develop unique product
- Great work ethic, with a strong efficiency orientation: Must be organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and adept at prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at once to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast moving, fast changing environment- oftentimes under pressure
- Proactive approach to projects, always thinking ahead: shows initiative to drive results and solve problems, and can always be counted on to follow through
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written with a high level of creativity and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Good judgment, maintaining confidential information
- Interact well with diverse personalities
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in basic computer operation, and software programs such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to accurately and effectively communicate with customers and staff in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and ensure accuracy
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Product development: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote