- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience building/shipping technical products.
- 5 years of product management experience with technical products.
- Experience driving elements of the product development lifecycle such as product planning, go-to-market strategy, driving requirements, and product launch.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Medicine, Management, or a STEM field, or JD.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- Experience operating within and across cross-functional teams (e.g., Product Management, Program Management, Engineering, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc.) while promoting product planning to partners.
- Knowledge in the research domain, including publication.
- Interest in machine learning.
About the job
Many of the biggest breakthroughs in machine learning come from Google Research, driving enormous gains for Google’s business growth and reputation, and scientific understanding for the world at large. The team’s mission is to establish portfolio management across the Research Product Area and provide a clearer process for researchers and decision-makers throughout a project's life cycle. This includes tooling and policy for reporting, reviewing, and updating project information.
As a Product Manager, you will own a suite of tools critical to the Research Product Area. You will be responsible for advocating for resources and shepherding projects during all stages of development. You are comfortable navigating the academic publication world to ensure visibility and review for projects within the Research Product Area.
Google Research addresses challenges that define the technology of today and tomorrow. From conducting fundamental research to influencing product development, our research teams have the opportunity to impact technology used by billions of people every day.
Our teams aspire to make discoveries that impact everyone, and core to our approach is sharing our research and tools to fuel progress in the field - we publish regularly in academic journals, release projects as open source, and apply research to Google products.
- Develop and execute on product strategy for a suite of tools.
- Use data, direct engagement, and collaboration with User Experience Researcher to deeply understand our users’ needs, and work with a cross-functional team to craft targeted solutions to address those needs.
- Communicate progress and obstacles to internal stakeholders to help drive the right actions, decisions, and resource allocations.
- Create and deliver against a product roadmap and drive progress in the most impactful ways, driven by the needs of our researchers, our Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), and the needs of company leadership.