Location: Aurora, IL
Description: Our manufacturing client is currently seeking a production Scheduler for their plant in the Aurora, IL area. This would be a 1st shift M-F with the occasional need to work on Saturdays and on call 24/7 availability needed to answer calls but not necessarily be on site.. Stable work history is required within a manufacturing environment.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Schedule the production process and production departments by Material, Employee and Equipment availability to minimize company costs.
- Monitor workflow and schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Developed effective scheduling process and implement process improvements.
- Review production specifications in order to identify and report plant capacity constraints.
- Analyze and address production issues in a timely manner including manpower and material shortages and work with relevant departments to resolve.
- Manages the on hand packaging, film inventory on a regular basis. Follows up on inventory discrepancies and works with Production on corrective measures.
- Provide daily production status updates for Production Team.
- Issue priority list to guide the production floor.
- Alert customer service of any delays in meeting the current demands.
- Coordinate with Production Team to develop and execute production plan.
- Work with Managers to develop potential solutions to improve production performance.
- Coordinate with production, purchasing and finance teams to develop and maintain scheduling parameters.
- Work with Maintenance Department to coordinate preventive maintenance, emergency maintenance and capital projects.
- Generate various inventory related reports to Managers for critical decision making purposes (i.e. inventory projections, tableau, DOH).
- Review various reports daily adding or modifying work orders as needed.
- Coordinates and requests sufficient materials for Production needs from Warehouse using the Pull Report and other analytical tools.
- Provide capacity updates for new business and increased sales.
- Direct plant transfers through warehouse team.
- Participate in regular phone and web based conferences.
- Use software to generate reports and manage schedules.
- Review and maintain item master data.
- Work with Corporate Purchasing to coordinate packaging purchases and delivery.
- Participates in and leads employee driven teams to address scrap, quality, safety, or other production related issues; actively participates in cost savings activities
- Coordinates new product trials and the introduction of new materials into the production process to ensure quality and compatibility to process.
- Monitors blend recipes and resin pricing.
- Initiates resin substitutions based on resin availability and costs.
- Monitors resin inventories; forecasts resin consumption.
- Communicates resin purchase needs to corporate resin buyer.
- Works with Lead Resin Handler to manage Materials flow between the Warehouse and Plant.
- Acts as point of contact between local Rail Car Company and Plant.
- Manages Rail Car inventory between Local Yard and Plant to ensure steady supply of resin.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge normally acquired through completion of a 4 year technical degree in manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering or other related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more year’s progressively responsible manufacturing management experience required. 3-5 years plastic extrusion/conversion experience and ISO 9000 experience preferred.
- Embody plant wide commitment for a safe workplace; acts as a role model on safety matters.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications and the ability to learn and operate JDE.
- Ability to participate in multiple Plant Teams such as Continues Improvement and ISO Auditor.
Contact: [Link available when viewing the job]