The Johns Manville, Roofing team is looking to hire a Production Superintendent to join our BRAND-NEW Hillsboro, TX facility. If you are passionate about working with people, you have a will to lead, a desire for success and working with others comes naturally, let us know and apply today!
The Production Superintendent is responsible for overseeing product manufacturing, finished product quality and raw material management for multiple lines, as well as employee training and development. The Superintendent is also responsible for communicating and supporting JM corporate goals and facility targets for safety, productivity, and product quality, effectively problem solve and troubleshoot process issues and execute/develop corrective actions. This individual may also support the facility by assuming the responsibilities of the plant manager in his/her absence.
Applicants can expect to make between $78,500 to $117,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Relocation will be offered to those who qualify.
Your Day to Day:
* Manage product manufacturing and finished product quality for the Operation
* Supervise manufacturing resources to meet production goals and assist in preparation of budgets and standards for cost measurement
* Develop and administer material and labor usage controls and metrics
* Plan and schedule work to efficiently utilize equipment and maintain maximum productivity levels to meet operational excellence metrics
* Utilize operating indicators for control of product cost, material usage, machine downtime, expenditure control and other shift functions
* Ensure production activities are following company policy procedures and that manufactured goods meet finished product specifications
* Maintain strict compliance with all financial, legal, regulatory, and environmental requirements within the Operation
* Promote safety culture and drive safety performance metrics with a continuous improvement mindset
What You Bring to the Team:
* Bachelor’s degree in management, engineering, or relevant field with a minimum of 5 years operational leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills
* Manages a staff of hourly employees, sets direction, and deploys resources. Responsible for performance evaluations, pay reviews, hiring, and terminating.
* Proven ability to diagnose solve process issues
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Proven ability to work partner with Plant Leadership team
* Demonstrated ability to lead change and implement continuous improvement
* Working knowledge and understanding of SAP or ERP systems
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* May be required to lift, carry, push, or pull up to and including 25 pounds
* Minimal travel required 0 – 10 days per year
* Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust mist gas fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts, health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking, and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing, and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company, and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled