Independent from the start and still firmly rooted in hospitality, WATG is a global multidisciplinary design firm attuned to the unique needs of destination design. Comprised of five collaborative studios—Strategy, Planning, Architecture, Landscape, and Wimberly Interiors—WATG has been designing landmark destinations since 1945, shaping timeless spaces and places that span the globe. We are a team of 400 creative professionals across three continents with offices in Southern California, Honolulu, New York, London, Singapore and Shanghai.
The Downtown Los Angeles location of WATG is hiring a Project Coordinator. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with days in the office and work from home days.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the planning and coordination of the design documentation of a project during Schematic through Construction Document phases in conjunction with the Project Manager. The Project Coordinator must demonstrate extensive technical architectural experience on a wide variety of projects through the construction administration phase. Project Coordinators will coordinate work assignments of a diverse project team as well as coordinate with clients, consultants and contractors. The Project Coordinator is expected to demonstrate professional skill, high standards, sound judgment and professionalism. It is essential to pass your knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
- Coordinates all activities related to construction administration including scheduling, shop drawings process, field observations, reports, change orders and pay requests
- Assure effective coordination of the development and construction documentation phases of assigned projects
- Assures project conforms to contractual agreement with client
- Effectively coordinate project to ensure completion within allocated period of time
- Maintains ongoing, positive client and consultant relationships
- Assures that project needs are satisfied by effectively coordinating project team assignments to ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Effectively coaches and mentors others
- Implements processes to reduce risks and exposure in all areas of the project
- Assures construction administration activities emphasize on efficiency, quality assurance and code compliance
A B.S. or B.A. in Architecture and 10+ years experience in small to mid-size architectural projects including urban and resort hotels. An architecture license is preferred. Revit experience is a plus. It is essential for the Project Coordinator to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of architectural production standards, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction. This position requires the ability to use computer systems as an effective management tool as well as proficiency in CAD operations and procedures. This position must have leadership experience and the ability to manage multiple priorities while consistently achieving high standards and goals. Proven experience in motivating and inspiring others is essential. Presentation skills are required. Travel may be required.
- You must include a copy of your portfolio with your resume to be considered for this role
WATG is an EEO/AA M/F/V/D employer.
Job Type: Full-time