Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will oversee Process Industries Solutions, with the support of the project team, is responsible for successful execution/delivery of assigned projects on-time, within budget and as per Contract Agreement, with on-quality & within the safety framework of ABB.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will maintain and enhance customer satisfaction by ensuring that customer requirements and all targets are met, providing excellent service at every stage of the project.
- Project Planning and Scheduling: Plans, monitors, and controls project activities, proactively to maximize cash flow.
- Understands critical path scheduling and assures a minimum but sufficient project float.
- Actively strives to optimize overall resource planning and utilization considering resources within the local organization.
- Assures a valid Project Safety plan is in place.
- Considers close out activities and influences for an early close out.
- Identifies and shares lessons learned.
- Customer Satisfaction Management in Projects: Assures ABB commitments to Customer are met, in accordance with contract.
- Assures and seeks to improve Customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent Customer interaction, e.g. Communication, (phone, e-mail, etc.) and Customer meetings, kick off, review, etc.
- Works proactively to set Customer expectation to assure a smooth project including acceptance of project deliveries and timely payment even under challenging circumstances.
- Encourages openness & respect, and build trust, confidence & loyalty with Customers and partners.
- Promotes healthy work-life balance within the project team.
- Project Financial and Cost Management: Understands and use Full Cost Calculation/Model and different revenue recognition methods.
- Understands project exposure.
- Controls project cost and cash flow.
- Influences project expenditures to maximize cash flow.
- Legal and Contract Management for Projects: Understands ABB’s standard terms and conditions and the impact upon the contract of differing and/or additionally accepted terms and conditions.
- Understands project specific accepted terms and conditions and their application to project contracts, including awareness of risks of negative impact on margin, performance, and risk factors.
- Utilizes contract terms and conditions to maximize cash-flow, margin and to limit liabilities, e.g. through insurance.
- Project Reporting: Forthrightly presents an account of project status/issues in project reviews.
- Reports status/ progress to customer and other stake holders with appropriate detail for desired understanding, e.g. to assure payment, set expectation, etc.
- Raises potential project issues to relevant stake holders.
- Effectively reports project progress or other situations either verbally or in writing to assure desired understanding.
- Scope and Change Management for Projects: Utilizes negotiation skills for scope and change management.
- Is on top of scope including the possible overall impact of what may seem to be minor changes
- Negotiates change orders and additional sales.
- Actively pursues desired changes to obtain additional sales, increase margin and to lower risk exposure.
- Project Risk and Opportunity Management: Understands risks as well as what may be causing a change in risk exposure and actions to avoid/mitigate.
- Understands opportunities and how to take advantage of them.
- Identifies and mitigates risks associated with important aspects such as Health and Safety.
- Proactively pursues decided upon mitigation efforts for identified risks.
- Identifies and act upon new risks and opportunities as they occur.
- Assures avoidance/mitigation of liquidated damages and other penalties/claims.
- Procurement Management for Projects: Work actively with several suppliers to obtain overall best possible purchase, in cooperation with the supply management function.
- Coordinates/directs project transportation and logistics.
- Reviews status of critical suppliers’ progress and include in overall schedule.
- Initiates 3rd party inspections as required.
- Ensures the proper application of ABB’s supplier qualification process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering with domain experience in ABB business.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in managing projects or equivalent required.
- Experience with Projects of different size, complexity and contractual types.
- PMP certification from Project Management Institute or certified by our major competitor as Project Manager or IPMA Level C/D certification recommended if recruited from an external organization advantageous.
- Working knowledge of SAP business system.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries – Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[Link available when viewing the job] [Link available when viewing the job] an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at [Phone number shown when applying].
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at [Phone number shown when applying] or by sending an email to [Email available when viewing the job]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.