Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA offerings
- Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking an experienced Aviation Project Manager. This role will collaborate closely with the Project Superintendent and manage all administrative and field construction activities related to the assigned project(s). The Project Manager typically reports to the Senior Project Manager or Project Executive.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare and manage project schedule; identify and address long lead items; update project plan as required; initiate changes to ensure adherence
- Negotiate and execute change orders, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Complete monthly project status reports, owner billings and financial risk assessments
- Identify and recommend value engineering and scope reduction opportunities
- Ensure project safety plan is completed and communicated to project team and subcontractors
- Assist with preconstruction efforts
- Manage buy-out process
- Detect constructability issues with project design
- Understand contract terms, budgets, insurances, bonds and change orders; ensure adherence including work progress being within scope
- Recommend staff development needs, disciplinary actions, job assignments and promotions
- Perform other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: An industry related bachelor's degree is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years of construction project management experience is required. Airline/ aviation industry experience is preferred. Heavy civil experience is required.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook. Employee should have the ability to learn other specific software (JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, Asta, etc.).
- Skills: A qualified candidate will demonstrate initiative, independent judgment, project management and analytical skills. They should also show strong negotiation, leadership, business acumen, client relation and decision making abilities.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.