JBT is a diverse, global company with many needs for international management talent and great opportunities for experienced graduates. Our businesses are worldwide and opportunities are broad in scope.
Start your career with us.
Being a global company allows us to present you with a number of career opportunities. JBT is one of the largest solutions providers to the global food processing industry. The largest food processors within the fruit, vegetable, meat, poultry, seafood and bakery industries are among our customers.
BENEFITS – Start from day 1!
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with company match – up to 6.5%
- Company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- Tuition Reimbursement (*eligible after 2 years)
Plans and manages multiple projects including the coordination of materials and personnel: in-house, with suppliers, and on-site at customer locations. Manages the detailed technical schedule and financial performance of the project to deliver a quality product, on time, and within the project budget. Serves as the primary internal point of contact for Customers, Sales, Service, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Engineering for the entire life cycle of the project.
Receives direction from manager to set broad objectives. Consistently and clearly demonstrates creativity and innovation in finding solutions to multi-faceted problems. Meets quality requirements without sacrificing safety, cost and delivery goals. Works with various departments to recommend methods to control job cost and non-conformances. Must be willing to travel to site to assist with high-risk project pre-installation meetings and active installations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency of duties, percent of time and work year may vary based on department or building assignment.
Actively participate in established proposal/budget review meetings (with PLM/Sales and other business departments) to identify possible hazards/risks of a project in the quotation stage to help ensure booked gross margins are achieved. When necessary will help Apps/Sales with proposal writing/budgeting/drawings and Pre-Sale customer visits.
Serves as the primary point of contact between JBT and the customer upon Order Entry. Manages customer expectations with respect to scope of work, project schedule, and buyer/seller responsibilities. Confirms customer’s agreement/completion of their mechanical and production start-up responsibilities. Builds and maintains a positive relationship with customers and suppliers associated with the project.
Develops and manages project schedules to ensure on-time completion of the contractually required project milestones including final delivery of equipment, installation, mechanical start-up, and production start-up. Participate in onsite customer kick-off meetings and pre-installation meeting for all high-risk projects to help mitigate any further risks and ensure the customer has all necessary information to perform a successful project.
Participates onsite in the active install of any assigned High-Risk project. Resolves field installation problems by maintaining close contact with customers, sales account managers, and field personnel. Responsible for managing and communicating the active punch list of issues during a project installation phase. Coordinates timely corrective action with internal and external resources while minimizing cost impact to the project.
Ensure that Project cost tracking and forecasted spending are updated in the business systems accurately and on a timely basis. Provide monthly forecast of expected project completion, costs, COV and final gross margin. Setup a postmortem review of all high-risk projects, evaluate all task margins/issues and create and implement long term corrective actions plans via MRR process.
Performs other duties as assigned by Segment Leader.
Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required upon acceptance of employment.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• BS Degree in related field required
• PMP Certification preferred
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with Project Management in a capital equipment environment
• Must have experience in supplier/procurement processes
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
• Bilingual in English and Spanish required
• Technical background in manufacturing, fabrication, construction, and service disciplines preferred
• Understand process flow charts
• Design of experiments methodology
• Ability to read and interpret engineering and assembly drawings
• Ability to develop, monitor, analyze, and control project budgets
• General knowledge of mechanical utility services
• Knowledge of high-volume portioning, coating, frying, cooking, freezing, and refrigeration equipment and processes a plus
• Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and thrive in a change-oriented, fast-paced, high stress environment where schedules, deadlines, and customer demands can shift priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interface with co-workers, customers, and suppliers
• Strong analytical problem solving/root cause analysis techniques along with preventive and corrective action skills
• Strong reporting and presentation skills.
• Strong negotiating, planning, verbal and written communications skills
PLATFORM, DATABASE AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Fluent in AutoCAD as is required to develop equipment layouts or proposal drawings
• A working knowledge of ERP (SyteLine) business system software a plus
• Computer skill expertise in spreadsheet, word processing, MS Project, relational database, presentation, project management, and MS Outlook software applications required
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS & DIRECTION/GUIDANCE:
• This position reports to: Segment Leader
• Field Technicians on a dotted line basis during equipment installation and start-up activities and Site Crew on a direct basis during the equipment build and installation process, as appropriate.
• Project sales value averages $1.0 million each
• Manages approximately 5-15 projects at any given time
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be willing to travel to site (US/Mexico/Canada) to assist with high-risk project pre-installation meetings and active installations. Estimate 60-70% of time in an office or meeting environment. Exposed to possible shop or site installation hazards including heavy equipment, shop traffic, uneven/slippery footing, inclement weather, etc. Sites environments are typically indoor, wet, 30-40 refrigerated rooms. Installation sites require appropriate JBT and Customer set safety attire such as hard hat, Steel Toe Shoes, safety glasses, hair nets, lab coats, gloves (NO JEWELRY of any kind).
Frequent sitting and operating computer. Frequent walking and standing. Spends approximately 30-40% of time in a field environment to meet with customers, suppliers, account managers, field technicians, etc. to monitor and manage project scope, site conditions, schedule, cost, etc. and to resolve critical supplier or installation site problems. Fast paced environment with multiple priorities, constant change and a variety of problems and people involved.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to [Link available when viewing the job]
You may also call Susan Cotton at [Phone number shown when applying] if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.