JOB SUMMARY – REBALANCING AND TRADING CONSULTANT
A successful candidate would be a motivated, detail orientated individual who strives for efficiency and impeccable work within trading operations. They would be responsible for piloting our order generation, portfolio accounting, and client workflow tools to rebalance portfolios within portfolio manager and client guidelines. This includes completing client requests, ensuring timely execution of portfolio manager directed model changes, and daily tracking of account activity compared to model subscription. They would uphold meticulous daily trade operations in several respects: Portfolio servicing and onboarding, portfolio drift analysis, compliance, accounting and reconciliation, data integrity, internal and external model managers, technology and support. Additional responsibilities include partnering with other departments to resolve exceptions and build operational scale. The candidate should also have a strong understanding of investment products, trade life cycle, and investment operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily rebalancing of portfolios to account for model updates, cash flows and investment objective changes
- Process portfolio onboarding and terminations
- Implement portfolio model changes and block trades
- Daily portfolio drift analysis and trade executions
- Work with model mangers to resolve target allocation discrepancies and communicate trade executions
- Model portfolio delivery operations
- Paper portfolio trade executions
- Drive to mitigate risks of trade errors and market exposure
- Review and adapt operational processes to increase scale and efficiency
- Occasional onboarding external overlay and model platforms
- Participate in system testing to ensure application and workflow enhancements are successfully implemented
- Maintain appropriate procedural documentation
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Highly thorough when carrying out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- Ability to efficiently prioritized time sensitive tasks and escalate as necessary
- Composed demeanor in high stress situations
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate challenges and opportunities to senior management
- Goal orientated with the drive to follow improvements through to resolution.
- Technical skills and systems knowledge with an aptitude to quickly learn new trading applications
- Ability to partner with the technology and operational support teams to make improvements
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- A College or University degree and/or relevant operations and investment management work experience is preferred.
ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST ASSET MANAGEMENT
As a leading global asset management firm, our investment expertise, strength and innovation have earned the trust and confidence of the world’s most sophisticated institutional and individual investors.
With $1.6 trillion in total assets under management (as of 12/31/2021) and a longstanding fiduciary history of solving complex investment challenges, we believe our strength and stability drive opportunities for our clients. Northern Trust’s forward-looking, historically aware investment approach and deep capital markets expertise power a comprehensive set of solutions. Our asset class capabilities range from passive and factor-based, to fundamental active and multi-manager.
WORKING WITH US
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater