A Repo man, or repo woman’s, responsibility is to focus on recovering or repossessing property from one who has neglected to keep up with rent or lease payments. The repo agent is tasked with locating and procuring the property (could be something such as a boat, truck or car). The repo agent should be able to confidently determine that the item being picked up is the right one. The property should be procured and then transferred to a secure place. Cars might be driven away, though they are more often than not towed away; at times, the car will be broken into and taken away.
Repo men and women often work for several types of clients. The type of client that requires repossession of a vehicle is usually a financial institution such as a financial firm, credit union, or bank. Used car lots, car and truck dealerships and rental companies for vehicles are also on the list of repo clients.
To ensure success you need to be accountable and employ prudence in performing your duties. Top candidates are proficient multitaskers, organized, and can perform to a high level of accuracy.
- Attending and participating in training and meetings.
- Arranging and parking vehicles in designated lot areas.
- Informing supervisor of issues as they arise.
- Complying with all company policies and procedures.
Recovery Agent Requirements:
- 20 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license with F endorsement
- Valid DOT Medical Card
- Clean driving record
- Proficient with driving manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- Completion of drug and background screening.
- Ability to follow basic instructions.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $36,000.00 – $99,999.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training
None at the current time.
- Tow truck: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road