The Recovery Center of Maryland is searching for a Housing Director for our recovery residences to oversee the operations of 18 residential houses. This includes duties related to administration, training, housekeeping, and daily living. This position works directly with housing specialists and house managers, providing structure and support to all clients seeking to establish stable long-term recovery from a substance use disorder. The Housing Director works with clients seeking recovery from the time they apply for entry into the program to program completion or transition to housing in the community.
This position is responsible for all program entry and exiting procedures and oversees daily operations of the recovery residences. This includes managing and coordinating daily housekeeping tasks, leading weekly house meetings, conducting inspections, making arrangements for random drug testing, and other duties. This position is also involved in supporting residents to develop recovery plans and teaching residents the skills needed to live in recovery. The Housing Director works as part of a team. Candidates for this position must be able to maintain organized records, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and be able to interact appropriately and professionally with women/men who are working on their recovery. Candidates must also be able to effectively handle emergency/crisis situations as they arise.
- Maintaining a sober living program with clients
- Providing supervision to all sober living residents and housing managers
- Organizing resident recovery activities
- Providing resources for clients in all areas of daily living
- Ensuring that the clients are engaged in recovery meetings, volunteer work, and employment
- Supervising clients in the assignment of duties that contribute to the upkeep of the living space
- Acting as liaison between the house staff and clients
- Hiring, training, and monitoring all housing live-in managers
- Assisting with facilitating morning meetings, exercise, and other program activities
- Responsible for coordinating, transporting, and escorting clients to and from appointments
- Facility management
- Keeping daily logs as required by management
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a human services discipline
- Must have 2 or more years of sustained recovery from a substance use disorder if in recovery
- Willingness to obtain additional education including: Basic First Aid, CPR, Mental Health First Aid, and drug testing procedures
- Require maintaining a visible presence in the Recovery Residence, including being present in the residence some nights.
- Must have minor house maintenance/repair skills
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of community resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,072.60 – $164,257.61 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- recovery housing management: 2 years (Preferred)
- LCPC/LCSW-C (Preferred)
Work Location: One location