Manages patient care of an assigned group of patients in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the appropriate division. Nurses at Northside are professionals committed to patients/families and all members of the Healthcare team. Our nursing practice reflects the values of collaboration, communication, coordination, integration, and empowerment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes a positive image of nursing by exhibiting an attitude of compassion and caring.
- Demonstrates competence annually according to area of practice.
- Is accountable for own professional acts.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. (See Knowledge Base, Section D, Professional Attributes.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in skills applicable to designated area within probationary period.
- Certified in cardio‑pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION PREFERRED
- National certification in specialty area.