SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital – Richmond Heights
1027 Bellevue Avenue, 3rd Floor, St Louis, MO 63117
Registered Nurse – PRN – $40 an hour
Shifts 12 hours with rotating weekends
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital – Richmond Heights within St. Mary’s Hospital. We are one of the best-kept secrets in healthcare, but speak to anyone that works here and no doubt you will hear all of the same reasons. Are you tired of the “grind” and burnout of nursing, along with layoffs and furloughs? Unrealistic productivity and patient ratios putting your stress levels through the roof? Join us to experience a fantastic culture with a real work/life balance, unbeatable patient/nurse experience, better outcomes, and wonderful facilities.
Benefits of becoming a nurse with us:
- Flexible scheduling with rotating weekends
- Manageable caseloads – similiar to a Med/Surg unit
- A high percentage of patients being discharged home to their families
- Team-oriented and collaborative culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
- RN to BSN program through the University of Kentucky – completely covered
- PRN rate is $40 per hour.
As an RN at one of our medical rehabilitation hospitals you will work with an interdisciplinary team of clinicians. You will work closely with other clinicians to include Therapists – Physical, Occupational and Speech Language Pathologists. On each shift you will partner with a Nursing Assistant partner and handle a manageable case load. Together we will help our patients achieve outlined goals and milestones on their individual patient care plan.
- Receiving admissions and/or transfers.
- Initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment.
- Timely and accurate documentation using EPIC
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs and telemetry.
- Ensuring medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Instructing and counseling patients/families.
- Valid State RN License required.
- BLS required at hire.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred
- Clinical experience preferred.
At Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehab Hospitals, we provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
We employ over 50,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 80,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors – celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
We’d love for you to join the team!
Post offer employment testing (POETs) are completed as part of the onboarding process – to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.