$5,000.00 sign-on bonus
(**external candidates only eligible for bonus)
We want you! As we grow our team oriented, collaborative Surgery Department!
Olathe Medical Center is searching for the right nurse to join our team as we excel into the future with state of the art technology and newly renovated suites!
Our Surgical Services department includes Surgery, Robotics, Open Heart, and nationally recognized Ortho Spine
Are you passionate about nursing in an environment that empowers you to be the best you can be? An environment that allows you to deliver superior, patient centered care? If you answered yes, then we welcome you to join our Team as a Registered Nurse (RN). Olathe Health nurses provide high quality compassionate care to our patients and their families every day. Our nursing team’s culture of compassion and collaboration expands beyond patient care. We encourage each nurse to keep learning and growing by consistently providing them resources to deliver better care.
- Be a graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Have earned a two-year Associate’s Degree
- Maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in accordance with the Kansas Nurse Licensure Compact required upon hire
- Be certified in Healthcare Provider CPR – (American Heart Association or American Red Cross ONLY); required with 7 days from date of hire
- Adheres to and/or maintains departmental policies and procedures, to be regulatory compliant with TJC, OSHA, safety standards, or other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates flexibility required to meet changing priorities.
- Maintains respectful working relationships with co-workers and encourages the team approach.
- Approaches work in a manner that makes quality improvement a part of every activity.
- Performs job duties in a manner to consistently improve the patient experience and minimize delays. Supportive of others involved in patient’s care. Assists the patient and family with coordinating care to meet individual needs. Facilitates patient flow through the department processes. Demonstrates organizational skills and prioritizes needs.
- Consistently demonstrates cost savings activities: Minimize supply waste. Demonstrates productive use of time. Offers suggestions for cost savings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of departmental information by: regularly attending staff meetings, reading email information, attending departmental in-service offerings, reading communication books, reviewing available literature and resource material.
- Able to respond to emergent situations in a timely & effective manner. Willing to cross-train to other subspecialties within the department. Identifies learning needs & seeks appropriate resources to increase knowledge & skills. Maintain licenses & certifications appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective conflict resolution skills. Step 1: Addresses issues with individuals involved in a courteous and professional manner. Step 2: Escalates issues to appropriate Department Director, as necessary.
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal Insurance
- Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something special…something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100 Hospitals.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine’s “2020 Best Companies to Work for” (large employer category) and one of the “Best Hospitals in Kansas for Nurses” (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team today!