You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Physical Therapy Aide.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You’re equally comfortable with working with patients needing rehabilitation, communication with patients and families, and overall patient care.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Platte Valley Medical Center is a partner of SCL Health which is a nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed community hospital is proud to offer comprehensive, integrated care focused on holistic health. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Physical Therapy Aide you need to know how to:
- Assist with patient care by performing tasks under the direction and immediate supervision of a licensed Therapist.
- Assist with patient treatment with therapeutic exercise, functional activities, and/or modalities according to therapist direction.
- Report to therapist of record on patient’s status, progress and/or tolerance to therapy so that the therapist can modify the treatment plan/goals as necessary.
- Supervise and monitor patients for safety and patients are never left unattended.
- Perform assigned cleaning duties so that treatment areas and equipment are maintained according to infection control guidelines.
- Transport patients safely and in a timely manner without patient identification errors.
- Prepare patients/equipment for treatment according to therapist/assistant instruction.
- Effectively utilize critical thinking when problem solving.
- Recognize self-limitations and take initiative to seek additional resources or consultation.
- Successfully complete departmental competencies/audited skills.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association, required
- Formal training in a medical field, such as, Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, or other equivalent training, preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
- Ability to interact with people of all ages, required
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Physical Therapy Aide on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.