NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Associate. In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for performing basic laboratory experiments, and a variety of experiments of routine nature, collaborating with lab members on different projects, contributing the organization of the lab and providing support for various aspects of experimental research. Works under general supervision.
- Lab Duties – Basic lab duties under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision. Assists with the ordering and tracking of laboratory supplies. Performs routine technical tasks, and assists in the general maintenance of the lab, such as prepare stock reagents and maintain inventory of the labs supplies. General techniques in biochemistry, molecular biology and cell culture. Under supervision, will participate in standard lab experiments.
- Participates and performs other related duties as required.
- Judgment/Decision-Making – Is able to recognize problems as they occur; and through the application of appropriate policy/ procedure, determine and/or recommends the appropriate solution. Seeks guidance as necessary for the performance of duties asks appropriate questions when in doubt and utilizes reference sources/materials to endure accuracy. Advises appropriate personnel of situations/problems requiring intervention or follow-up attention.
- Communication/Relationship with Others – Cooperates, communicates and relates well to all levels of Medical Center. Listens carefully to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions or obtain needed information. Communicates ideas, problems, suggestions, and messages in a timely and effective manner. Maintains the confidentiality of all research information. Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Assist in Developing Procedures – Assists in implementing new procedures and protocols to support experiments. Participates actively in developing, recommending and implementing new approved procedures, or modifications to existing protocols and procedures. Maintains and updates technical knowledge.
This is an entry level trainee position with no experience necessary and a Bachelors of Science Degree in Life Sciences or a related field is not required (but preferred). Experience in some areas of basic cellular immunology, molecular biology, tissue culture would be advantageous but is not required. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Life Sciences or a related field preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.