**Attention all Grand Hotel Candidates: Employees of The Grand Hotel will enjoy free employee housing through December 21, 2022**
Join our Lodging team at The Grand Hotel!
Are you enthusiastic about caring for the comfort of guests while creating memories that last a lifetime? The Grand Hotel is a 3-diamond hotel that has 121 standard and deluxe guest rooms and is located only one mile from the south entrance of the Grand Canyon.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of The Grand Hotel and Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
Provides superior customer service and uses good communication skills ad handles the sale of retail purchases in the gift shop.
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provides superior customer service and uses good communication skills.
- Handles the sale of retail purchases in the gift shop.
- Performs cashiering duties properly, recording the sales in the register accurately and following correct accounting procedures.
- Assists whenever necessary in keeping the sales floor and stock room clean and organized; includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, mopping and trash removal.
- Keeps merchandise stocked.
- Assists Manager with inventory control, ordering, receiving and merchandise display.
- Maintains effective cooperation with Managers and other co-workers.
- Maintains a well-groomed, clean, and neat appearance.
- Functions with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic season retail operation.
- Acquires and demonstrates a basic knowledge of product information when used as part of a professional sales approach.
- Works with a minimum of supervision and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Show an awareness of inventory control through efficient management of assigned merchandise sections, with attention to pilferage protection
- Is knowledgeable of the Park and surrounding areas.
- Other duties assigned.
- Knowledge of Grand Canyon National Park and surrounding areas.
- Previous retail and/or experience operating a POS/cash register, handling and/or counting cash accurately and maintaining proper sales records and reports.