Join our Retail team at The Grand Hotel
!Are you enthusiastic about providing exceptional customer service by assisting guests throughout their entire shopping experience? We operate and maintain a trading post that represents the sheer beauty, peace, and scenic grandeur of where you work. The Grand Hotel is located only one mile from the south entrance to the Grand Canyon.
The Retail Associate provides superior customer service while assisting guests with all retail purchases with the gift shop.
PLEASE NOTE: As we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures and are carefully following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19. We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provides superior customer service and uses good communication skills.
- Handles the sale of retail purchases in the gift shop.
- Performs cashiering duties properly, recording the sales in the register accurately and following correct accounting procedures.
- Assists whenever necessary in keeping the sales floor and stock room clean and organized; includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, scrubbing, mopping and trash removal.
- Keeps merchandise stocked.
- Assists Manager with inventory control, ordering, receiving and merchandise display.
- Maintains effective cooperation with Managers and other co-workers.
- Maintains a well-groomed, clean, and neat appearance.
- Functions with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic season retail operation.
- Acquires and demonstrates a basic knowledge of product information when used as part of a professional sales approach.
- Works with a minimum of supervision and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Show an awareness of inventory control through efficient management of assigned merchandise sections, with attention to pilferage protection
- Is knowledgeable of the Park and surrounding areas.
- Other duties assigned.
- Previous retail and/or experience operating a POS/cash register, handling and/or counting cash accurately and maintaining proper sales records and reports.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed direction).
- Attention to Detail skills (minimize the risk of error).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions).
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills).
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Will be required to stand long periods of time and to occasionally walk up flights of stairs.