Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people – no matter where they are in their health journey – unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
This position is responsible for processing all release of information requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
- This position will be located on-site at the Sharecare office in Mesa, AZ.
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient’s medical chart and returning chart, scanning medical record accurately and correctly and transmitting daily, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity.
- Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures.
- Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintain equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out).
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive and respectful; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; and being proactive in identifying client concerns, or problems.
- May receive incoming requests including opening mail, telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries, depending on the needs to the client.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area.
- Maintains working knowledge of the existing state laws and fee structure
- Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional facilities or help out during backlogs
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with client/site policies and procedures, including HIPAA, state/federal regulations related to operations, and labor regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics with all information.
- Work with privileged information in a conscientious manner while releasing medical records in an efficient, effective, and accurate manner.
- High School Diploma (GED) required
- 1 year prior experience in a medical records department or like setting
- Must have strong computer software experience – general working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent organizational skills a must
- Must be able to type 50 wpm
- Must be able to use fax, copier, scanning machine
- Must be willing to learn new equipment and processes quickly
- Must be self-motivated, a team player
- Must have proven customer satisfaction skills
- Must be able to multi-task