SAP Application Specialist, ABAP & PI/PO
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As SAP Application Specialist you will design and deliver business critical technical solutions within the Electrification North America Business, working closely with external customers and vendors. Reporting to the Cross Services Delivery Director, you’ll support major projects for an existing large-scale SAP & Eco systems integration in a collaborative team environment.
In alignment with corporate directives and objectives you’ll drive the optimization of processes and Application design throughout the entire project lifecycles, from analysis to design, development, testing and implementation.
*** Preferred locations are Atlanta, GA or Cary, NC; will consider other ABB Electrification Business Locations on an individual basis***
- As a highly motivated Subject Matter Expert in SAP ABAP software & SAP PI/PO development tools, you are responsible for operational support and will translate business needs into solution architecture requirements, while adhering to organizational standards
- Buildlead technical teams and establish the direction and scope to manage the technical deliverables
- Work closely with stakeholders and various business contacts to come up with feasible architecture.
- Collaborate closely with domain solution architects, stakeholders, and leaders to refine requirements and design feasible architectures that address specific business challenges
- Drive vendor teams to deliver solutions in accordance to quality standards and within budget & timelines; Drive and support technical governance process & IT Infrastructure Library
- Define, provide, and govern technical solution design by ensuring the proper repository of specifications as well as global template documentation such as architectural specifications, global coding standards, development methodologies
- Work closely with the Platform and Development team members to ensure logical and technical architectures will support SAP COE standards and requirements, ensuring compatibility with other areas
- Work closely with the EAI (Enterprise Application Interface), Middleware, SAP Basis teams to ensure developments are timely executed with appropriate level of quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or related in required with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in SAP technical design & development
- Deep understanding of high-volume architectural and technical SAP solutions is required (SAP ABAP and SAP PI/PO)
- Extensive experience in working with ERP & integrations with ERP’s eco systems strongly preferred
- Must be a Self-starter who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced business environment; ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks, perform troubleshooting, and fine tuning of complex integration scenarios is required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to creatively solve business problems
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in business & IT
- Excellent English speaking and communication, influencing and facilitation skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to work on different adapters including and not limited to SAP, SFTP, JMS, JDBC, REST and AS2
- Experience on real-time, high volume, response time sensitive customer facing integrations
- EDI standards and specifications
- Knowledge of Cloud, API gateways, external B2B partner connectivity
- Knowledge of security standards and will understand network, protocols, DMZ environments is preferred
- Experience in DevOps model is desired
- Experience in implementing, designing, performing, or owning IT General Controls, ITIL processes
- Experience in running Operational support for business and driving ITIL processes
- Strong process adherence to fulfill all documentation controls for new process introduction and process management controls
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[Link available when viewing the job] [Link available when viewing the job] an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at [Phone number shown when applying].
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at [Phone number shown when applying] or by sending an email to [Email available when viewing the job]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.