Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company focused on the development and utilization of fermentation, agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients. This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels, renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9% limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in Green Plains Partners LP.
Summary: This position is responsible for safely and efficiently weighing/grading raw materials and final products. Assist Operations manager with purchasing of process chemicals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Grade all incoming samples of corn proficiently and accurately using manual and automated equipment
- Ensure grain is of acceptable quality and meets specifications as outlined in the purchase contract and reject shipments of grain not meeting standards.
- Weigh all trucks coming into and leaving the plant and direct trucks to the proper location for loading/unloading in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Enter all customer and product data into grain receiving software.
- Communicate with Production Department to ensure the timely unloading of products received.
- Keep area around the truck scale, administration building and scale room clean and presentable at all times.
- Assist with process chemical inventory tracking and ordering. Work with external chemical suppliers to schedule delivery of process chemicals.
- Review all chemical COA’s against the facility chemical standard and communicate issues appropriately.
- Review, improve, and develop standard operating procedures to ensure safe and compliant operations.
- Fill in for Material Handler position as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written, verbal and personal skills
- Previous experience in grain receiving and grading
- Ability to greet customers in a friendly manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work with all levels of staff (co-workers and management)
- Excellent Microsoft and Excel software skills
- Exemplify the high standards necessary to accomplish the goals of this Company
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of applicable regulatory state and USDA requirements.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job includes but is not limited to: frequent sitting, standing, frequent computer use; frequent telephone use; some lifting or moving up to 10 lb
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (Hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, heeled boots, and hearing protection).
- While performing this job’s duties, the employee is regularly exposed to:
- mechanical parts
- dusty conditions
- high noise environment
- outside weather in all conditions
- chemicals used in the process
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.