The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We are currently looking to hire a Scheduler to join our team in LA.
The scheduler is responsible for scheduling the jobs provided by the in-house producers and various external clients when requested. Their responsibility is to work closely with the Producers, Executive Producers and Head of Production in order to maximize the resources of the company and ensure that the job is scheduled in a timely manner and with enough time to effectively complete all work as per the producers notes and instruction. By working with Production and Heads of Department, they are accountable for the securing the appropriate talent to facilitate the efficient workflow to satisfy client requirements. Their role also involves artist development, but ensuring that key creative talent is nurtured internally through project allocation and team selection.
- Working within a team to schedule the needs of the producer and client
- Maximizing revenue by scheduling work between the flame, smoke and Telecine suites effectively. Balance freelance needs as well.
- Chasing unconfirmed pencils in a timely manner to allow old bookings to fall away and new business to be scheduled appropriately.
- Reading and checking quotes according to the suite time booked and keeping the boards up to date with any changes to either the quote or work flow.
- Highlighting if a clash of schedules arises and working with colleagues and producers to find a successful solution while maximizing revenue.
- Knowledge of the technical capabilities of particular suites to effectively schedule work projects and advise clients and producers of any new working methods.
- Meticulous attention to detail when entering new information into CETA. Sharing information evenly between your work colleagues to maximize work flow of the scheduling department.
- Relaying important information between the Library, MCR and Support to allow projects to reach the desired department quickly.
- Creating and updating worksheets for each suite to allow the jobs to be tracked and operators to know where and what they will be doing on a daily basis
- Highlighting any issues to your manager quickly which may affect work flow and or hinder the effective allocation of resources for that day.
- A responsibility to report and monitor extreme working hours of Operation and along with the Creative Resources Manager to allocate appropriate rest time or days in lieu.
- Manage Artist vacation and time off to ensure creative teams are efficiently deployed and allocated
- Secure/Confirm freelancers on as needed basis.
- Run weekly scheduling meetings – one of which is a status update for MD, COO, EPs, & HOP and one of which is for the production team to assess team needs on a
- Experience working within post-production/agency in a runner, post production assistant, scheduling or bookings role
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Curious, flexible, problem solver
- Experience working with a scheduling software is beneficial
- Strong project planning skills
- Capacity to manage a busy workload with high productivity
- Responsive and flexible to ever changing needs and environment
- Knowledge of 2D, CG, Design, Grading software and skillsets is a plus
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist.
At The Mill, we want to work with the best people and we want them to have a great career with us. We will make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and beyond to help people shine and enable them to show us their skills and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the needs of a diverse workforce. We will offer flexible working practices and make relevant workplace adjustments for employees who need them to be at their best.