At UpStream we believe good health is a state of independence where each person has the capacity to live a long, happy, and active life. We aim to deliver the type of care our members need to regain and maintain their independence by delivering effective, efficient, and sustainable care. We are a growing company and are excited to invite caring, detailed, and team-oriented people to join our team.
What we do
UpStream is the fastest-growing primary healthcare solution provider in the US. We underwrite and support the delivery of value-based care for seniors and people living with chronic conditions. By working in partnership with healthcare practices and clinics we offer a comprehensive risk-free solution for physicians that finances, delivers and sustains better outcomes for everyone.
Who we are
UpStream is a trusted partner, helping to free up primary care physicians to focus on what is most valuable to them and their patients. We enable participation in advanced payment models through integrated clinical, financial and technology support and systems, while working to eliminate the burden of chronic disease. To achieve this, we embed a powerful support platform that facilitates physicians, pharmacists, and nurses to achieve the greatest recognition in value-based care so that patients can live longer, happier, and independent lives.
How you’ll help
At UpStream, Scheduling Coordinators work in close collaboration with our clinical teams and play a critical role in beginning the care process for our patients. As a Scheduling Coordinator, you will be the first point of contact for prospective patients working to schedule them for appointments with our Clinical Pharmacists. The ideal candidate is self-directed, patient-focused, and an effective problem-solver who listens to, understands, communicates with, and cares about patients. In this role you will need to understand the needs of others through conversation and be able to meet those needs with great service and operational processing accuracy.
Our Scheduling Coordinators are on the phone with patients throughout the day. They know how to build relationships by asking thoughtful questions, utilizing effective listening skills, and demonstrating empathy and passion for the work they do. Strong interpersonal, computer, and communication skills are needed. This position requires confidentiality, discretion, and exceptional customer service.
What you’ll do
- Review patient data from different health care systems’ EMRs to assess patient eligibility for our programs and to understand their needs
- Proactive outreach to schedule patients to speak with an UpStream healthcare professional
- Review and maintain the healthcare professionals’ schedules to fill gaps or openings to ensure capacity and productivity standards are being met
- Ensure missed visits are rescheduled or escalated for resolution
- Verify insurance copays and communicate copay requirements to patient
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the productivity and quality standards
- Medical background with a strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Minimum of 1-year medical office scheduling experience, preferably within the last 3 years
- Minimum of 1-year of recent Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system experience; ideally working with multiple EMR systems
- A “people-first” attitude and premier customer service DNA
- A genuine excitement to help patients and process with operational excellence
- A problem solver who can confidently troubleshoot and investigate to answer questions or resolve complaints
- Confident with system processing and an attention to detail making updates
- Excellent communication skills speak clearly, listens and gains clarification when needed, and responds well to questions
- Demonstrates adaptability by handling frequent or unexpected changes with a positive attitude
- Self-motivated, energetic, self-starter who can work autonomously
- Ability to put yourself in patients’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of achievement, drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Orientation to team-based work product and results
- Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strictly adheres to HIPAA and always demonstrates discretion and professionalism
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Location/working arrangements – Work from home within the Greensboro. Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5:30pm EST
Starting pay $16 – $18 per hour
This is a remote position that requires a quiet, secure at home-work environment where patient data is protected
Must be able to work prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Must have a strong password protected WIFI connection
Job Keywords:Patient Scheduling Coordinator, Patient Engagement Representative, Patient Call Center