A new opportunity as a Manufacturing Engineering Co-op in Cedar Rapids, Iowa awaits your application! If you’re passionate about learning in the factory environment, this job is a fit for you.
The Cedar Rapids, Iowa location produces critical components for circuit breakers and electrical switchgear. We have a powerful electrical test lab and large engineering department adjacent to the factory, so opportunities exist outside the factory for future employment as well!
Your role as a co-op will primarily be to learn how to succeed in a fast-paced and highly automated factory setting. There will be lots of hand-on opportunities to further your engineering abilities outside of the classroom.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Implement a variety of improvement projects focused efficiency, quality, and performance
- Design or improve tooling and other factory equipment
- Use industry problem solving techniques like 8D
- Learn to implement 5S, Lean Manufacturing, and other industry skillsets
- Explore the digital revolution of IIoT in the factory setting
- Create technical documentation for industrial use
- Work independently or in teams on your projects
- Reduce waste and scrap by analyzing plant processes and material cost
Qualified individuals must be actively enrolled one of the following majors; Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering. Ideal candidates will be at a Junior classification or higher.
Let us learn about you! Apply today!