For more than 30 years, Ionis Pharmaceuticals has been the leader in RNA-targeted therapy, pioneering new markets and changing standards of care with our novel antisense technology. Scientific innovation began and continues at Ionis with the understanding that sick people depend on us.
As the first company to fully harness the power of RNA technology for human therapeutics, our platform continues to revolutionize drug discovery and transform the lives of patients with unmet needs. Our medicines span multiple therapeutic areas, routes of administration and diverse patient populations. Ionis innovation is driving meaningful progress for many of the most challenging health issues.
We are building upon our innovative research and drug development excellence to provide greater value to patients. Based on the breadth and remarkable progress of our pipeline, Ionis is projecting to have a vast number of new transformational products on the market in the coming years and growing our commercial capabilities. We are well positioned financially to deliver on our strategic goals.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together a diverse workforce, comprised of individuals from different backgrounds and with unique skill sets, into our creative and productive environment. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
SCIENTIST- DRUG SUBSTANCE MANUFACTURING
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Drug Substance Manufacturing team as an entry-level scientist working in both a collaborative large-scale manufacturing GMP environment and as an individual performing laboratory process research.
- Synthesize and purify synthetic oligonucleotides using automated equipment in a GMP cleanroom environment
- Operate, clean, and troubleshoot large-scale manufacturing equipment
- Author standard operating procedures and manufacturing documents
- Facilitate the scale-up of gram-scale reactions to kilogram-scale
- Formulate intermediate and buffer solutions
- Conduct laboratory scale process improvement experiments
- Design and execute process optimization experiments
- Operate, clean, and troubleshoot laboratory-scale equipment
- Analyze experiment samples with Liquid Chromatography coupled to Mass Spectrometry (LCMS)
- Present research findings to colleagues
- Author reports summarizing experimental results
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A BS or MS degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, or related field
- 0-2 years of industry or research experience
- Willingness to work with hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment where frequent standing, pushing, and lifting (up to 50 pounds) is required
- Exhibit the qualities of an energetic, positive, self-motivated, hands-on professional with strong work ethic, able to work well both independently and in a matrixed team environment
- Able to perform and think analytically and creatively to solve problems
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal, listening – manifesting itself as a style that is clear, concise, and persuasive
- Able to maintain productivity and efficiency in an intense, data driven, interrogative environment
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #IONIS002936
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.