Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The SEC Reporting Analyst is responsible for the preparation of SEC filings, review of XBRL tagging, documenting accounting and financial reporting policies, and coordinating with the external auditors. In addition, this role assists with review and analyzation of issues that require technical research and documentation.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation, review, approval and filing of SEC filings – 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K
- Maintain supporting documentation for external financial statements and SEC filings
- Manage the coordination of external auditors on annual audit, quarterly reviews, and other special projects
- Monitor, analyze, and document the impact of SEC and FASB accounting and reporting initiatives
- Assist with review, analysis and documentation of transactions / issues that require FASB and SEC research
- Assist with documentation of company accounting and financial reporting policies
- Assist with special SEC filings related to mergers and acquisitions, accounting for business combinations, and integration of business combinations
- Perform all other duties as requested or assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience with US GAAP Financial Reporting for a public company
- Expected to have knowledge of SEC rules and regulations
- Must have strong technical GAAP and SEC accounting research skills
- Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and key internal controls within Financial Reporting
- Intermediate XBRL skills and experience needed
- Must have strong aptitude for collaborative document management software such as Workiva’s Wdesk (used to prepare and file SEC documents)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Competent in Word and PowerPoint
- Must possess extremely strong written and oral communication skills
Industry and Work Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting or financial reporting with a public company (or combination of both) required
- Financial Services industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA a plus
- Active CPA license or progress being made toward license required
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Posting Date:19th Nov 2021
- Valid through:18th Dec 2021