SUMMARY: Responsible for preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports and data to assess accuracy, completeness, and adherence to accounting and procedural standards. This individual must be able to resolve issues, work independently and in groups and have the utmost integrity and honesty.
LIST OF DUTIES:
· Under the supervision of the Controller, performs general accounting duties involved in the daily administration of the accounting department.
· Maintains the general ledger including the preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, closing books monthly, and setting up new accounts.
· Reviews monthly inventory and books corrections if necessary.
· Reconciles bank statements and perform bank to book matching procedures.
· In partnership with the Trade Manager, reviews deduction claims from customers for accuracy and ensures the monthly accrual is correct. Also, assists with direct customer communication regarding deduction claims.
· Processes monthly journal entries and accruals for various prepaid and other accounts.
· Maintains records of all financial documents with appropriate supporting material. Updates records as necessary.
· Assists Controller with reviewing monthly Profit & Loss report for reasonableness before providing to division and corporate management.
· Prepares monthly balance sheet, income statement, and a report on changes in financial position/budget variances.
· Assists Controller during annual review/audit with preparing schedules, providing explanation of supporting materials and procedures and preparing any other necessary data.
· Assists with the integration of systems within the Accounting and Finance functions.
· Performs ad hoc analysis as requested / required by the Controller and the Leadership Team.
· Performs special projects as necessary.
· Develops, implements, modifies, and documents record-keeping and accounting systems making appropriate use of technology.
· Surveys operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
· Communicates with internal departments to compile financial data to satisfy corporate consolidation reporting requirements.
· Assists with developing, improving, and documenting efficient accounting processes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote